Monday, August 27, 2007

What a Smashin' Win... Without Stevie G!

So while having a blinder of a weekend getting all boozed up and loaded with delicious Singaporean food, I managed to sneak in a few EPL matches, tops of which was my highlighted match - Sunderland vs Liverpool. And despite having a horrible, horrible new away kit, the Anfield boys managed to grind out an impressive 2-0 win.

All this without Captain Inspiration Stevie G!

And I take back the word 'grind'... they were seldom in trouble, looked comfortable for most of the game, and totally dominated sorry Sunderland. And like I said, Pennant had a terrific game (although for the wrong reasons that I meant originally hahah). Torres was well impressive with his turn of pace and looked to be quite suited to the English game. Voronin, other than his poor delivery, had great movement and thought.

Suddenly, I am looking forward to a great season with my boys...

No comments: